The WP-DC52 Underwater Housing for Canon G16. Explore a whole new world of underwater photography with the new WP-DC52 Underwater Housing. Compatible with the Canon G16 Digital Camera, this case provides water resistance to depths of 40 metres, as well as protecting the camera from dust, dirt and damage – making it perfect for snorkelling or scuba diving.
- Housing molded of corrosion free clear polycarbonatE, durable and resistance to corrosion
- Clear view the camera information and control function
- Large, easy to see buttons allow camera operation underwater, even with diving gloves
- Ensures that camera stays clean and dry
- Perfect in humid and wet conditions, salt spray, dust or snow, ideal for diving, surfing, snorkeling, skiing, yacht or other activities
- Provides mechanical controls for most of the camera functions
- O-ring sealed with spring-loaded
- Easy open latch and drop in camera loading make set-up a breeze.
- 1/4″ tripod screw on the bottom
- Camera's Built-in Flash: An included flash diffuser
improves lighting quality when the camera's built-in flash is used. A
built-in flash is effective between 1-3 feet (0.3-0.9m) from the subject
in clear conditions. For best results an external underwater strobe is
- External Color Filters: Color filters replace some of the
reds, oranges and more natural tones that would otherwise be lost
underwater. Effective in relatively shallow, sunny conditions. Available
as CF-CN for tropical blue water and CF-CN-M for use in green water
- Waterproof to 40 Metres Depth
- Working temperature: 0℃ to 40℃(32°F to 104°F)
WP-DC52 Housing Features
40m depth rated WP-DC52 housing for the G16 has the same features as the
rest of Canon’s recent offerings like the DC48 and DC51. Canon is
actually the last major company to add an accessory shoe and a fibre
optic cable sync port to their casings as Fuji, Olympus and Panasonic
have had these things for years. The WP-DC52’s fibre optic cap is a
clip-on unit that also works as a shade panel when an external strobe is
in use. The housing still ships with the standard white diffuser plate
in case you want to use the camera’s own flash unit. The WP-DC52 housing
comes with a flash pop-up button in case you have forgotten to get your
strobe ready before hitting the water everything is not lost. There is
no push down lever but luckily the flash can be disabled from the menus.
As always there are no control wheels on the housing for the camera’s
two jog wheels. However, the programmable S button works as a sort of a
shift button, so you can still do all your rear wheel settings by
keeping the S button pressed down and then hitting the left and right
buttons. Unfortunately, the function/shift button
has moved to a slightly more awkward position under the video recording
button so you have to reach for it with your left hand or do some one
handed dual-button acrobatics. As the control for the front jog-wheel
is also missing and if you want to use the camera in manual exposure
modes you need to go to the camera menu first and change the wheel
settings so that the front wheel of the G16 is ignored and all the
exposure settings happen through the back wheel. Once in M mode you can
then alternate between aperture and shutter speed and change both with
the real wheel. For the rest of the G16 camera features the WP-DC52
offers a button.
CANON provides a limited warranty to the original
purchaser against all defects in original workmanship and material
under normal SCUBA use and service as outlined in the owner's manual
for 1 year
from the date of purchase, with the following exceptions and conditions:
- This warranty does not cover commercial or rental use.
- Should your housing prove to be defective for any reason
(other than those listed in the limitations section below) it will be
repaired or replaced at CANON´s discretion, free
of charge, excluding shipping and handling charges.
- Repairs made under this warranty will not extend the warranty period
- This warranty is non-transferable and applies to the original purchaser only.
- All correspondence concerning this warranty must be accompanied by a copy of the original sales receipt.
- Any flood or damage, for any reason, that is caused from
flooding an O-ring sealed or water tight area will not be covered under
warranty. All O-ring sealed products undergo extensive factory pressure
testing before being shipped and delivered and are therefore guaranteed
to be sealed and functioning when shipped from the factory.
- CANON will not be liable for any loss, damages, or expenses
including incidental or consequential damages directly or indirectly
arising from the sale or use of the product.
- CANON accepts no liability for any loss of captured images or the
inability to capture images even if it is due to the malfunctioning or
leakage of the housing.
- All paint finishing, cosmetic discoloration of surfaces, powder
coating, or material stitching that is chipped, damaged, or unthreaded
through customer use is not covered in the warranty.
- CANON does not warranty any product for aesthetic finishes.
Issues with surface finish that do not affect function of the product
are not covered under warranty.
- This warranty does not apply and may be rendered completely void
in the event of accidental damage, abuse, overcharging of battery,
flooding due to neglect, tampering, lack of care and maintenance,
improper storage, or unauthorized service.
- This warranty specifically excludes bulbs, lenses, cords, wet
connectors, O-rings, fuses or other conditions resulting from misuse and
- This warranty becomes void if the housing components are damaged by anything other than normal recreational diving use.
- Modifications or repair by anyone other than an authorized CANON Dealer or ADITECH Service Department will void the warranty.
product is carefully examined and checked before it is shipped. It should
therefore be visually and operationally checked as soon as it is received. If
it is damaged in anyway, a claim should be filed with the courier and
ADITECH notified of the damage.
- By purchasing this product you agree and understand that in no
event will CANON, its distributors or retailers, be held liable for
any personal injuries resulting from its operation, or any other damage
whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, even if ADITECH
is advised of such damages.
NOTE: If the equipment is not covered by warranty, or if it is determined that the fault is
caused by misuse, repair will be billed to the customer, and an estimate
submitted for customer approval before the commencement of repairs